Hi Everyone! First off, I am super excited to have been nominated for The Liebster Award by the talented McKenna, aka Adventures Of a New Floridian! Thank you so much, I love your blog and I am very appreciative for the nomination. Secondly, I am sorry I have not been writing much lately. I have been working on the cruise ship for about a month now and have finally gotten into the swing of things, so I will be posting more often!
Before going on, here are the rules for this award for those who I have nominated…
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog.
3. Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
4. Provide 10 random facts about yourself (optional).
6. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 200 followers.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or simply link to the official rules page).
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link.
To kick it off, I’d love to talk a little bit about my lovely nominator. McKenna is the author of the blogs, Adventures Of a New Floridian and Life Through My Eyes (which you can check out by clicking on either link). I am always wondering about how her adventures in the south are going, and can’t wait to converse/connect with her about the places she stumbles upon. I first found her blog when looking for information about the Galapagos Island, and was blow away by her beautiful photography. Seriously, you would think you had google searched “Galapagos” due to the quality of these photos! You can find a few of my favorites here.
I began reading her adventures and loved the flow of her writing and how she seems to make it a priority to respond to all of her comments- it tells me she really cares about her readers and is blogging for more than just putting up posts. I enjoy reading her posts, new and old, especially because I can empathize with many of her thoughts and feelings in regards to struggling with blogging and the need to travel. So again, thank you McKenna for the nomination and I look forward to reading your upcoming posts. 🙂
MCKENNA’S QUESTIONS FOR ME
- If you could only take one more trip, where would you go and why?
This may be the hardest question I will ever have to answer, but I would pick Jordan. I honestly cannot explain it, but I have always wanted to venture there… to ride a camel to Petra would be epic!
- How long would you be able to survive a zombie apocalypse? Justify your answer!
I think I would do well in a zombie apocalypse… at least a few years. Mainly because I consider myself super resourceful and I have years of Supernatural and Buffy knowledge to keep me alive. Of course, working at a wilderness camp and being an archery and riley teacher helps. 😉
- If you could have any superpower, which would you choose and why?
Hmmm, I am going to go with teleportation. This way I can go anywhere I want, and never be late for anything. (Flying would be a good choice as well, but it would be easy for people to spot you and know your secret.)
- Where is your favorite place to get your blogging done?
This one is an easy one! Coffee Shops!!! For some reason I am always inspired when I have a hot beverage to sip on and find a new, comfy spot to nestle down and write. I love that I am constantly in a different place/town, and that every coffee shop is different.
- What inspired you to blog in the first place?
Everywhere I go I always do a lot of research to find hidden gems or “must-sees.” I do this because I don’t want to miss anything, especially since I have no idea if or when I will return to a certain place. However, not every place I travel to has a ton of information on it, which is a bit disappointing. Eventually I came to the conclusion that there are many people like me who are looking for places to go when they reach their destination, and I could at least try my best to put up the information that I find, so that other travelers can add to their adventures!
- If you had to choose between scuba diving and skydiving, which would you choose? Why?
Okay, so here is the thing… I have already done both and they are both equally amazing. However, I would choose scuba diving, but only if I could pick the place! The Great Barrier Reef anyone?!
- What is your favorite meal to cook?
Cheese and Tuna stuffed Tomatoes- super easy, very healthy and simple to make for big groups.
- What is the best prank you have ever pulled on someone?
I do LOVE pranks…I think my favorite one would be when I stuffed all my groups belongings in balloons. They had to pop the balloons to find everything from their keys to their underwear.
- What is your ultimate dream job?
My ultimate dream job… that is a difficult one. It seems I am still figuring out my passions in life and where I want to end up. However, if I could choose right now, I would say to be an actress. The stage has always been one of my favorite places and I love the magic of the movies.
- List your top 3 favorite places in the world. Why are they your favorites?
Starting from the bottom…
#3. Stockholm, Sweden: Besides the fact that this was the first trip I went on where I did not previously research, I love how homey, yet structured, the city is and how classic it looks. The people are friendly and it feels like I have gone back in time.
#2. Jackson, Wyoming, USA: I have amazing memories here and it may just be the most beautiful place I have ever visited. From the snowy white mountains to the wild animals you see everywhere you go, I would be happy to call this place my home.
#1. New Orleans, Louisiana, USA: The city makes me feel alive. The culture is so different, the people are friendly, the food is delicious and the atmosphere is perfect.
For those of you who I would like to take a moment to nominate, please know that I am nominating you all because I thouroghly enjoy your blogs and am always eager to read your new posts. I find your writing is beautiful, you really connect with your readers and you take the time to respond to your followers. I may not know you personally, but I feel as though I could travel with you to any destination.
Here are the questions that I would love to hear your responses to! (They are pretty much all travel based…are you surprised?…so get excited!)
- If you were offered a vacation, all expenses paid, where would you go?
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- If you could fluently speak any language in the world, what would it be? Why?
- When traveling, if you could only bring one of these items, and leave the rest at home, what would it be: a camera, a way to contact family/friends, a super durable backpack, or a travel journal. Explain.
- If you could only eat one type of food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What are your top 3 “must-have” songs on your road trip playlist?
- Of all the places you have been, if you had to start over and could only visit one, where would it be?
- What are some other hobbies you have besides blogging?
- What type of travel do you prefer (i.e. solo, with friends, resort style, backpacking ect…) Why?
- List the top 3 places you want to travel to next and why!
Thanks again to McKenna for the nomination, and I look forward to reading all your answers! 🙂